Visa is a very important document to get into a country, and also Vietnam visa also brings that meaning. This post will deal with Vietnam visa for Spanish, from visa requirement to how to obtain it. Now, let’s go further.
1. Vietnam visa requirement
As updated in December 2016, all Spanish citizens do not need a visa to Vietnam if:
- Their passport is valid for at least 06 months from their arrival date in the country;
- Their stay in Vietnam is no more than 15 days; and
- Their arrival date does not fall within 30 days from exit date of their last stay in the country with visa exemption.
Otherwise, a visa is required for their trip to Vietnam. In this case, it can be obtained in either of the 2 following ways:
Vietnam visa for Spanish
- Getting the visa via the Vietnam embassy; or
- Getting a Vietnam visa on arrival.
2. Guide for 2 ways to get visa for Vietnam
1. Get Vietnam visa on arrival (VOA)
VOA is regarded very convenient for you in this case as there is no office of Vietnam embassy in your place. It even becomes more and more popular for its easy and convenient application and economy as well. It allows you to complete the application and get required document online and then pick up full visa at Vietnam airport.
Let’s see its advantages:
Apply Vietnam visa for Spanish
- Time saving: 1-2 working days processing
- Convenience: no passport send off, no embassy chase-down, online application
- Cost saving: at least saving your postal and travel costs;
But there is one disadvantage of this kind of visa, that it is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only.
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
- Fill out the Vietnam visa application form,
- Pay for Vietnam visa service fee as instructed,
- Get your Visa Approval Letter via email in 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) or even 4 working hours (super urgent service),
- Take this letter + your passport + 02 passport-size photos + entry and exit form + some dollars in cash for stamping fee to get your visa stamped upon your arrival.
2. Get Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
In this case you need to contact the Vietnam embassy which can be Vietnam embassy in Spain or in any country which is the most convenient for you to apply for the visa.
How to apply?
There are two ways to obtain a visa via the Vietnam embassy/consulate as follows:
- Come in person to the consulate, fill out the application form , present 02 passport-size photos, pay the fee in cash, return to the consulate after 4-5 working days to receive your Vietnam visa; OR
- Send off your passport, application form, 02 passport-size photos via postal mail/ express to Vietnam embassy/consulate, make payment per instructions, get your passport with the visa stamp after 4-5 working days
For detailed information, please contact the embassy.
– Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months from your entry date;
– Visa on arrival option is for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
For more information about Vietnam visa in Spain, you can contact https://vietnamvisa.es/.